[MUD-Dev] PvP and teamspeak?

Cosmik cosmikal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 02:47:46 CEST 2004

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 22:01:37 +0200, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
<olag at ifi.uio.no> wrote:

> Is it common for PvP oriented teams to require teamspeak?

More and more, yes. Taking Dark Age of Camelot for example, many of
the top PvP guilds use teamspeak. With the scope of activity going
on in either open-field PvP or castle taking, it is a boon. Even
some of the less-PvP orientated guilds use teamspeak to free up
fingers while on raids.

> How do such guilds organize their fighting given the bandwidth
> issues?

Well for a start you'll find it rare to have all members of your
70-odd guild participating in PvP at any one time. And using
teamspeak channels allows the congestion to be split up between PvP,
PvE, AFK, General Chat and so on. I guess in the case of PvP you
could incorporate different PvP channels, depending on your level
and the area in which you are fighting. Other than that, a
text/teamspeak combo would work.