[MUD-Dev] MUDs, cellphones and mobile players...

Christopher Allen ChristopherA at skotos.net
Fri May 11 00:50:18 CEST 2001

Ola Fosheim Grostad:

> Something I find quite interesting is that there are some developers
> that more or less explicitly stat that they are making mobile MUDs,
> for example:

>     http://www.phonegame.net/html/e_web/documents/w20.html
>     http://www.m-toyz.com/
>     http://www.digitalbridges.com/press0026.htm

Another one for your list that is available now -- Void Raider from
Unplugged Games, now on AT&T, Sprint & Verizon networks. On a cell
phone connect to vr.ungames.com. If you don't have an internet enabled
cell phone, you can download from Openwave (formerly Phone.com) a cell
phone emulator at ftp://dload.phone.com/developer/upsdkW32He.exe
(p.s. when you first open this emulator, you have to close it
completely and reopen it for it to work right).

Not precisely a mud (it is a space combat game) but it is moving in
that direction.

-- Christopher Allen