[MUD-Dev] The Lessons of Lucasfilm's Habitat

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Wed Jun 4 22:33:29 CEST 1997

At 08:24 PM 6/4/97 PST8PDT, JC Lawrence wrote:
>>We've looekd at this exhaustively. Our conclusions are as follows,
>>for what theya re worth:
>>(1) 1st person (Doom) ...
>>(2) Overhead/three-quarter view (Diablo) ...
>>(3) Side View ...
>
>I've been thinking of attempting a
>three-feet-back-of-the-character's-head view with a 270 degree
>fish-eye presentation.

Yeah I forgot to mention that. Its what I call "over the shoulder" (can you
tell I spent some time in a TV studio?)

Its not the logicly distinct, i think from 3/4 view, nmain difference being
that you need to dela with perspective effects and don't have as good a
field of view. I guess its another half-way thing, btw 3/4 and first person.

JK