[MUD-Dev] A flamewar startingpoint.

coder at ibm.net coder at ibm.net
Tue Dec 9 17:01:46 CET 1997

On 13/11/97 at 10:30 AM, Derrick Jones <gunther at online1.magnus1.com> said:

>Hrmm...anyone ever concider designing a MUD where all of the
>NPCs are _really_ stupid?  Man, would that be a riot to play, not to
>meantion darn near impossible if the world itself was consistant to
>idiots being in power ("I think main street would be a _great_ place for
>a pit-trap" declares the Mayor)

Ambushbug started on one I believe, shortly after compleating Trash.  I
don't know if it was ever finished, or even if it got passed idle musing.
The problem is keepin such a game playable -- they tend to quickly become
intensely annoying as the world is either intensely unsupportive to
non-morons, or collapses under its own stupidity.

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
----------(*)                              Internet: coder at ibm.net