[MUD-Dev] Removing the almighty experience point...

Vincent Archer archer at frmug.org
Fri Sep 24 14:26:21 CEST 2004

According to HRose:
> Jeff Freeman wrote:

> In fact, along the months, WoW lost a lot of its charm and the
> quest experience has been nerfed severely to a state where the
> balance is completely screwed, imho. But the model works if it's
> well balanced. We take the good parts of both system, the
> "purpose" and the direct reward from the fight.

Most quests, with a couple of exceptions, give you the equivalent of
killing 10 to 20 mobs of about your level. That in addition, of
course, of the experience you got for killing the mobs involved in
the quest.

Once the time spent running between good xp spots and quest givers
becomes larger than the time spent killing 20 mobs there, the quests
lose their appeal, from an XP point of view. Min-maxers take just
quests that would have involved them getting to the "good xp spot"
anyway, and disregard all the rest. And they don't leave until the
xp spot is no longer attractive for "grinding", and only then, go
complete the quest.

	Vincent Archer			Email:	archer at frmug.org

All men are mortal.  Socrates was mortal.  Therefore, all men are Socrates.
							(Woody Allen)