[MUD-Dev] BIZ: Gaming Hardware Startup, looking for good Gaming Business Development Person

Amanda Walker amanda at alfar.com
Fri Nov 5 17:15:00 CET 2004

On Nov 4, 2004, at 10:54 AM, Harlan Beverly wrote:

> Obviously, with the help of this list, and our V.C.  advisors, we
> finally realize that just plain UDP acceleration is not enough.
> Since there is no real standard for Gaming Network APIs, we need
> to work with gaming companies to get 'in' to their games...

Have you identified an actual need?

A modern desktop PC can sustain network throughput of around
400Mbps, and leading edge ones can now sustain upwards of 1Gbps,
with the CPU doing everything.  Even most consumer network cards
these days perform checksum offload, interrupt mitigation, and so
on.

What leads you to believe that network processing on the PC is a
bottleneck for gaming at all?

Amanda Walker