[MUD-Dev] Player Justice

Paul Schwanz pschwanz at comcast.net
Mon Mar 8 17:56:39 CET 2004

Damion Schubert wrote:

> Again, I suspect that [Meridian's Justicar] system would have
> failed in a larger world such as SWG, UO, SB.  But for a smaller
> MUD, it might work dandy.

What if the larger world were built around a bunch of smaller
communities?  For example, a Meridian-sized town has its own
citizens.  If anyone kills one of those citizens, they get an orange
flag.  Guards won't allow someone with an orange flag to enter the
town, but if the flagged character is a citizen of the town, then
they can petition the town's Justicar to have the flag removed.
Wouldn't this sort of approach bring the numbers back down to where
a Justicar could handle things, even though the smaller community
existed in a large world?

--Phin