[MUD-Dev] Mythica Cancelled..

Freeman Freeman
Mon Mar 8 14:46:32 CET 2004

From: Bill Slease

> The online portion was never publicly released - it was an
> invitation-only free period.
> But the following issue is what most people seem to be confused
> about: Our problem wasn't with keeping the interest of people who
> came (albeit not in your case :) ).  There just weren't enough
> people who even signed up to try.

I don't know how to type this so that it doesn't come off sounding
sarcastic, so you'll just have to trust me: I'm not being sarcastic.
Genuinely curious here: Do you think that (because it was invite
only and you didn't get enough people signed-up) that you didn't
invite (enough of) the 'right' people (i.e. people who *are*
interested in online)?

Did the invitation to play online necessarily have to be limited to
people that had already bought the box (presumably because they were
interested in the single-player version)?