[MUD-Dev] MMORPG Cancellations: The sky is falling?

cruise cruise at casual-tempest.net
Thu Jul 8 11:45:54 CEST 2004

Adam Burr wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 01:21:44 -0400, Threshold RPG
> <business at threshold-rpg.com> wrote:

>> go somewhere that is better for exp or better for money), and
>> their half-baked "gear" system (enhancements) is the most
>> shallow, poorly thought out attempt at gear I've ever seen in any
>> game.

> I think you might sell the enhancements short. The friends I have
> who play CoH (and have played EQ, SWG, and DAoC before it) love
> the enhancements system. As one of them said yesterday, "I don't
> for a moment think 'I wish I could loot that Helm of Goodness.'"
> The fact that the enhancements let's them tweak their powers to
> taste is a feature they _love_.

I have to agree - "shallow" seems to be the major complaint against
CoH - but it's simplicity is the point - you don't have to spend
hours camping a mob for that incredibly rare item, or run around
levelling up all your equipment each time you level. In other words,
you can just go out and /play the game/, without stopping for than a
minute.

--
[ cruise / casual-tempest.net / transference.org ]
   "quantam sufficit"