[MUD-Dev] Time debt

Eva Lapáèková eva-el at volny.cz
Sat Aug 14 07:01:54 CEST 2004

I'm not sure if I understood this correctly, but wouldn't a system
like that encourage people not to play your game? Or spend their
'inactive' time offline, rather than socializing with others?
Especially if the debt is cumulative and you penalize high debts,
people will eventually stop logging on, at best you will end up with
a lunch-break game.  Putting some tiresome tasks into offline time
is a valid strategy, but building a system around offline time seems
a bit far-fetched.

--Eva