[MUD-Dev] Deriving Self Esteem from one's MMORPG avatar

Mark 'Kamikaze' Hughes kamikaze at kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu
Thu Aug 12 22:16:33 CEST 2004

Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 09:43:09AM -0600 in
<411A3E8D.1000007 at seventh.net>, Corey Crawford
<ccrawford at seventh.net> spake:

> And the flip side too: After playing a successful MMORPG character
> does it start affect how you approach real life situations? Do you
> being to expect the respect (and authority?) you receive online
> when you are offline?

Well, not that, exactly.  But a few weeks ago, I fell asleep in my
chair.  When I woke up, I was hungry, and my first thought was, "I
need to get my sword and go hunt rabbits in the park, they have the
most common meat drops."

"Doing the impossible makes us mighty." -Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly