[MUD-Dev] DESIGN: Active and Inactive currency

Edward Glowacki glowack2 at msu.edu
Tue Apr 20 10:11:42 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 14:29, Freeman, Jeff wrote:

> So, the problem I see is determining what impact active/inactive
> money has on a) the individual and b) everyone else.

Not only inactive money, but also inactive wealth in the form of
equipment, land, etc.  While a player may be a sponge for cash that
deflates the economy, the same player may also be a sponge for
assets. This would remove those assets from circulation, making them
more scarce, which would inflate the price of those things.  So now
you have less money AND things are more expensive.

-ED

Edward Glowacki			glowack2 at msu.edu
A PBS mind in an MTV world.
	-- Author unknown