[MUD-Dev] Scripting Languages and Magic

gbtmud gbtmud at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 3 14:12:16 CEST 2003

I am attempting to write a new MUD codebase, and I was wondering
what people have done as far as magic systems. Specifically, I was
thinking of letting the players define spells in a custom scripting
language so that new spells could be created on the fly. My question
is, has anyone already done this? If so, what pitfalls are there to
avoid, and what functionality should I add/subtract? Any input would
be helpful on this.

Sincerely,
Simon Fairfax
(a.k.a. Peloroch)

P.S. Thanks for the great discussions elsewhere on the list. They
have really made me think about aspects of MUD design that I never
really thought about.