[MUD-Dev] Scripting languages

David H. Loeser Jr. daklozar at insightbb.com
Thu Jun 19 18:38:26 CEST 2003

From: Jason Murdick

> Hi, was wondering if anyone had any experience with implementing
> scripting languages into a mud. Specifically looking for anyone
> with experience with Lua. Been working on a custom mud codebase
> and we're looking to include Lua and use tolua (to bind c/c++
> objects). So far it looks promising, but we haven't gotten very
> far into the project.

I have been researching scripting languages for the better part of a
year and from my study... I think you are on the right track with
Lua.

I have adopted Lua as my scripting language for several reasons.
Primarily because Lua is free and it's simple to embed and extend
the language.

I did find a commercial product Ch; you can find info here
http://www.softintegration.com/ The really cool thing about Ch is
that you don't have to do anything to bind it to your API.

Dave "Dak Lozar" Loeser