[MUD-Dev] re: there.com

Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Tue Jan 14 20:34:33 CET 2003

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, susan wu wrote:

> I was curious as to what people on this list think about their
> product/service/business model.  They plan on charging for
> customer subscriptions, and also charging for virtual-objects
> created by third party vendors (levis, nike) and the community
> denizens themselves.

Well, the pay-for-virtual-objects business model is a very good one
(he says modestly). What they seem to be missing, however, is the
idea that they have to create a context for the items to be valuable
enough to make the business model more valuable than a standard
monthly fee. A chat-room isn't that context.

--matt