[MUD-Dev] Much Respect to JessicaM

Richard A. Bartle richard at mud.co.uk
Fri Sep 6 10:12:21 CEST 2002

On 6 September 2002, apollyon wrote:

> it is easy to see how people can get so entrenched in their
> argument and their point of view that they refuse to even consider
> the possibility that the other side might have some good points.
> Jessica refutes that entrenchment and to her, my hat goes off.

Yes, but Jessica wouldn't be Jessica if she didn't have strong
views.  I'm still reeling from her 8 March 2001 column

  http://www.skotos.net/articles/BTHarchives/BTH2001.pdf

where she suggested that my attitude to PK and PD was tantamount to
being in favour of rape. I don't see her unentrenching that in the
near future...

		Richard

  (Lest I give the wrong impression here, Jess and I go way back,
  and the smile she'll get when she reads the above will be the same
  as the one I had when I wrote it).