[MUD-Dev] 3rd Axis for Bartle's 2 axis theory of MUD players

Fri Oct 25 10:38:51 CEST 2002

"Dave Rickey" <daver at mythicentertainment.com> writes:

> the same thing.  I've been in a "flow" state in real-world
> activities (such as martial arts or high-speed driving), and I
> would consider professional help if I didn't spend most of time
> "immersed" in the reality of what is generally thought of as the
> real world.

But you are perceptionally immersed into the physical world in a
very consistent fashion. When I get new glasses, I feel detached
from the world for a couple of hours or days. You cannot be fully
perceptionally immeresed into a virtual world, so you would need
something to focus on in order to overcome the perceptional
distortions and get into the world? That is the idea I am trying to
get through.

--
Ola - http://folk.uio.no/olag/