[MUD-dev] Fun in Games

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Tue May 14 10:40:39 CEST 2002

From: Damion Schubert

> That depends.  A frequent complaint of how the world works was
> made after September 11th.  The difference between good and evil
> is that evil is perfectly willing to step over boundaries.  For
> example, slamming a plane into a building full of civilians,
> whereas good is unwilling to cross even the slightest line, such
> as assassinating leaders or torturing prisoners for desperately
> needed information.

Ah, but thats predicated on the assumption that good really is
unwilling to cross lines, and that what we see on the news is
completely unfiltered. I don't find this very likely - you don't
have to look very far back in our history to see examples of such
activites (giving arms to terrorists, dropping nuclear weapons,
detaining prisoners of war in contravention to international
agreements through the application of sophistry (i.e. not declaring
war), the list goes on...).

Remember, the victors write the history books.

Dan