[MUD-Dev] Question: Any published research on Sims type game personae?

susan wu susie at arctic.org
Sun May 5 20:16:12 CEST 2002

I'm developing some psuedo human characters for a sim-type game, and
I'm wondering if anyone knows of any published research relating to
personality structures / object-class structures of AI mob-type
characters within an interactive game.  Either technical or
sociological research would be valuable. Specifically, I am creating
non-hierarchical trees of personality traits that aggregate into
personality types that affect and are affected by events/players/etc
within the game environment.

I'd prefer to build off of good existing work, if possible. (I've
looked with all the standard search utilities, but have not yet
found anything of use.  Which is why I'm asking you kind people. :D)

Thanks,
Susan