[MUD-Dev] Underlight (fwd)

Koster Koster
Sat Jun 15 11:38:36 CEST 2002

From: Matt Mihaly

> Anyone played this game? If so, how many simultaneous players do
> they tend to get? There is a review at pcgamereview.com:

>   http://www.pcgamereview.com/reviews/roleplaying/product_1258.asp

> Look at the second one. claims, it actually is a MMORPG insofar as
> roleplaying is a big part of it, unlike most of the graphical MUDs
> out there.

Underlight opened in public testing back in 97 or 98. It's been
around quite a long time. I checked it out at the time, but there
wasn't much content yet. It's basically a MUSH; heavily enforced
roleplay environment in a "dreams" setting, no user building as I
recall. Not a huge userbase, but enough to be self-supporting. I
think the Themis Group just contracted with them?

-Raph