[MUD-Dev] Text Muds vs Graphical Muds

Philip Loguinov {Draymoor} draymoor at cloud9.net
Sat Jun 15 11:01:38 CEST 2002

To take off on a tangent from the ownership thread, if the major
difference between graphical and text muds is personal preference,
what accounts for the discrepency in their popularity.

It seems to me that graphical muds have 1 to 2 orders of magnitude
more players than even the most popular text muds (I can't think of
a single text mud with even 1000 players). Is it better advertising,
or perhaps that there are just more people who's preference is
graphical over imaginative?