Justin Stocks juztyn at massassi.net
Mon Dec 16 23:17:44 CET 2002

From: "rayzam" <rayzam at travellingbard.com>

> But your friends have the same restriction you do, 1 character per
> server. Thus, you choose 2 different servers to play on, with one
> character on each. With the ability to change your skills around,
> you've got a lot more latitude.

> All it means, as I mentioned briefly before, is that when someone
> plays around, they won't have their high level buddies
> power-levelling/spoonfeeding them, and they won't be doing the
> same for their buddies' play around characters.

> Do you really feel that you can't play with your friends if you
> each have 1 char/server, and have a main server and a
> play-around-on server?

Let me rephrase that, because I think the point that I put across
wasn't the one I was trying to make. It's not that it's more
difficult to play with your friends (though it is), it's simply more
difficult to play with your friends under your own terms. If your
friend is playing his Bothan, you're FORCED to play whatever
character you have on that server if you want to play with him,
whereas in a MCS game like AC (bad example due to rampant cheating,
I know), you have the CHOICE of deciding which character
class/race/equipment you're going to take into combat with your
friends. I just find the entire system very restrictive when it
comes to giving the players a CHOICE.

And all of this restriction in the name of stopping people from
muling. :-\

- Justin