[MUD-Dev] Retention without Addiction?

bradley newton haug brad at faithanddisease.com
Thu Dec 12 19:53:23 CET 2002

Jessica Wrote:

> Amen!  That is one the best replies I've ever seen on this list.
> For everyone who thinks these things are easy, read Raph's reply
> daily and remember: A large-scale subscription-based MMORPG bears
> the same resemblance to operating a small scale, non-subscription
> game as solar fusion bears to turning on a desk lamp.  That
> doesn't mean it can't be done.  It just means it is HARDER.

> I heard that somewhere recently, :D.

oh you just had to start it back up didn't you.

I'll say this one more time for the cheap seats.

  "It isn't hard for a network engineer; it's hard for groping game
  designers and a mess of wannabe coders"

I will not only finish this engine with my target saturation, I will
have enough CPU left over to send you an email every 5 minutes going
'hey how ya doing, I'm fine, how are you'

Then if I'm really in a bad mood I'll GPL it.

Heh

Brad