[MUD-Dev] Complexities of Retention without Addiction? WAS Retention Without Addiction

Amanda Walker amanda at alfar.com
Wed Dec 11 17:16:33 CET 2002

On 12/11/02 10:47 AM, bradley newton haug <brad at faithanddisease.com>
wrote:

> Understanding your roots, I think is important here, anyone who's
> implemented an MMOG server without ever played/ran/looked at code
> from MUD/MUSH/MOO/web server/message queue system is asking for
> trouble,

True.  But anyone trying to implement an MMOG server on a single
machine is also asking for trouble, and this is where a lot of
implementations fall down, sometimes spectacularly.  A distributed
implementation is much, much more complex--and it's an area where
even experienced programmers may well be "wet behind the ears".

Amanda Walker