[MUD-Dev] Proposed Law

Koster Koster
Thu Oct 25 20:33:58 CEST 2001

Well, even most TV shows which are predicated on sex and violence
have more to them than that. I think that generally speaking, the
thing that people seem to want in the entertainment is some degree
of context. We value a hero all the more because, say, he's working
through a painful relationship, and proves his desire to keep it
alive by engaging in the violent behavior (Die Hard), for
example. We like *contextualized* sex and violence.

Most sex in muds is nicely contextualized. Most violence isn't.

> Then again, maybe I'm not even thinking of a MUD.  Maybe it's
> something else entirely.

No, you're thinking of muds, alright.

-Raph