[MUD-Dev] [OT] Will this list survive?

Batir batir at frontiernet.net
Wed May 16 00:19:57 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: <Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com>
To: <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 07:17
Subject: [MUD-Dev] [OT] Will this list survive?

> Something that I've been wondering is whether or not this list can
> survive?  Once Star Wars Online, DAoC and other mass market games
> hit retail, I can't help but wonder whether or not there will be a
> player invasion if they think they can directly get the ear of the
> developers. In some ways, I've considered it fortunate that the EQ
> team don't have a particularly conspicious presence for that exact
> reason. It would be a huge loss if people had to stop posting as
> their games went live. Perhaps my concerns are unfounded?

Maybe, maybe not.  I started reading this list bacause Raph Koster
posted here, and he was the Lead Developer of UO.  I do have interest
in game development though, so I might have stumbled into the list
eventually anyway.  If I remember correctly, I was looking for Raph's
homepage (his name, specificly) so I could reread the Law's again,
when my search engine turned up some of his posts in the archives.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think J.C. moderates all posts,
blocking those that are inappropriate.  You may get a larger audiance,
but those that stick around after a few blocked posts will be those
interested in game development, perhaps the next Raph Koster, Richard
Bartle, or Daniel Harman.

Batir
Batir at Stratics.com