[MUD-Dev] Re: MUD-Dev digest, Vol 1 #271 - 30 msgs

Vincent Archer archer at nevrax.com
Fri Mar 9 09:59:49 CET 2001

According to Kevin Littlejohn:

> Disagree - I get a sense of achievement from almost having all the
> NetRunner cards - any dolt could have done that (and some dolts did
> ;), but it's still an achievement, because the amount of time and
> effort spent is high.

To take another, real-life analogy, I live in France. We have the
highest mountain in Europe (part of it is in Italy too, but the summit
is on the french side), that peaks at 4880m.

On some holidays, and special occasion, it's been nicknamed "The
Alpine Highway", because of the sheer amount of people who climb
it. About anyone with a minimum of physical shape can get to the
summit. That doesn't stop people from getting a tremendous rush when
they finish the ascension and find themselves on the summit. No one
will sing their praise, but they've still proved their own worth.

On the other hand, you *do* have people that won't feel ever satisfied
until they have climbed the Everest. Preferably without oxygen
bottles.

--
Vincent Archer                                         Email: archer at nevrax.com

Nevrax France.                              Off on the yellow brick road we go!