[MUD-Dev] TECH: ColdStore and MUDs

Phillip Lenhardt philen at monkey.org
Tue Jun 26 22:06:20 CEST 2001

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 01:43:48PM -0700, ryan daum wrote:
> Hi, I've written the start of a simple MOOish thing in C++ using

> ColdStore (see below) ... If anybody is interested, drop by
> moo.xao.com 7777 where we discuss it.  Sourcecode for ColdStore
> (and the mud) is available by CVS from

>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/coldstore

I hate to single you out, but you stuck up your head...

Looking at that url, I see that the last news item is from
2000-11-15, the last file release is from 20001223 and the project
homepage looks the same as it has for about a year. It's nice and
all that CVS is up-to-date and that the developers are busy churning
out code, but how hard would it be for someone to package something
up every quarter or so, post a news items monthly and change the
project homepage to match?

There are dozens of interesting development projects out there that
do this, and it makes me sad.