[MUD-Dev] Summary of PvP attempts?

Brian Hook bwh at wksoftware.com
Mon Jun 11 01:30:55 CEST 2001

At 07:12 AM 6/11/01 +0000, --matt wrote:

> You think that low? I bet if you just ins'otituted open PK on
> Everquest as a whole, they would, within 20 months, lose more than
> half their audience.

Er, more like 80-90% I would guess, and probably within 6 months,
since the vast majority of early EQ adopters went there because of
the voluntary PvP participation.  And I would argue that a large
amount of the more recent EQ players aren't even aware of what PvP
is like (i.e. they're not necessarily displaced UO/AC players, but
instead players that were brought in by their friends).

Brian Hook