[MUD-Dev] Neverwinter Nights

Koster Koster
Thu Jun 7 14:23:39 CEST 2001

Because it's really hard. We're wrestling with these issues on SWG
right now. To list off some of the major hurdles:

  - control mechanisms and other interfaces change when you go from
  1st person to overhead--there are many many conventions to worry
  about.

  - occlusion matters as soon as you leave 1st person. And solutions
  are different depending on whether you're trying a chase cam or an
  overhead cam.

  - you will have to build your world geometry differently based on
  what your occlusion solution is.

-Raph