[MUD-Dev] RE: The Permadeath of PvP (was RE: Hiding the Numbers (was Re: [M UD-Dev] Maintaining fiction.)

Koster Koster
Thu Jun 7 14:19:44 CEST 2001

This is the second time in two days I have seen the assertion that
many of those working on commercial muds are K types, which is not
at all my impression (my impression is largerly Es with a liberal
sprinkling of As).  Then again, UO is (in)famous for the PKing in
it, and SWg will have a lot of PvP in it, and I am an EAS, with only
6% K according to the andreasen.org test. :)

I do think that people tend to compare themselves. All the
time. Given a way to do it, they'll do it, regardless of personality
type.

I also think that a lot of people who are not K types enjoy
player/player conflict. And that's a lot of people you oculd get
playing your game if youdid it in a way they enjoyed.

I think the niche within the niche is the all-conflict game.

-Raph