[MUD-Dev] Neverwinter Nights

David Loeser daklozar at home.com
Tue Jun 5 23:44:54 CEST 2001

On Monday, June 04, 2001 11:02 PM Eli Stevens wrote:

> I think that if we had visualization devices (a step down from
> holo-decks?)  that could really show me what my character could
> see (like my nose, peripheral vision, etc.) then I might not mind.
> But with current tech, I have to look at the world either with
> blinders on or through fish goggles.  Ick.

> Besides, I like to see my characters, because they (should) look
> nifty.

> So, I like 3rd person.  It doesn't try and represent something it
> cannot (full vision), and instead just gives me a picture of what
> is going on...

I like both views... when I'm moving around from place to place, I
like to be in first person perspective. When I'm fighting a group of
bunny rabbits, I like to see my neat-o kung-fu moves in 3rd
person. I'd also like to be able to record my most super neat-o
kung-fu action to an .avi or .ram file so that I could post them to
my web site dedicated to my avatars :)

Ok, that last part was a joke... but it would be cool!

David "Dak Lozar" Loeser