[MUD-Dev] Room Generation

Richard richard at ccpgames.com
Sat Jan 20 15:45:09 CET 2001

> From: Nathanael Dermyer [mailto:NDermyer at HNTB.com]

> virtual areas are actually kinda worthless to me.  What I'm
> wondering is if anyone has some sort of mechanism (perl script, C
> program, VB, whatever) that will accept some sort of map file and a
> list that defines what each map symbol means, and spews out
> individual room files.

Yes.

Rob Jenkins (Sibbis at Suvangi) wrote a perl script to take a file like
this and spit out basic LPC rooms.  He also converted it to LPC (which
is the version I have).  Unfortunately, as far as I know, Rob is no
longer involved in mudding and recently handed off his mud to someone
else.  And, I gave my word I would never give out the script - not
that we use it anyway considering our co-ordinate system is pretty
much like Bruce's, but without the database.

What you can do however is go to Rob's mud which is now called:
Qalleon Spheres (216.63.79.101 4000) and ask for it.  It probably
being a later copy than I have.

Good luck,
Richard.