[MUD-Dev] Re: MUD-Dev digest, Vol 1 #277 - 13 msgs

Mark Watson markw at antares.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 17 14:56:35 CET 2001

On 15 Jan 2001 01:08:03 -0700, Bruce wrote:
> J C Lawrence wrote:
>
> > Back (whoa!) 15ish years ago when I was working with Pip Caudry on
> > the very eary days of the IOWA project (actually before the IOWA
> > project was even talked of), Pip was convinced that Japan was the
>
> You've mentioned the IOWA project several times, yet I've been unable
> to find substantial detail on what it was in the archives or some
> quick websearches.  Any hints to drop? :)

Try here:

  http://www.adoni.demon.co.uk/iowa/

and here:

  http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/cnfdntl.htm

and here

  http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/imucg4.htm

specifically the Mirrorworlds review

As far as I can see, IOWA was a hosting system running a number of
MUDs of which Mirrorworlds was the most successful. Avalon also
started on IOWA (using some common ideas? - Mosaic?).

The above is based on surmise from reading the articles. The problem
with searching seems to be the many different spellings of Cordrey (<-
this one seems to be the correct one).

Mark Watson, markw at antares.demon.co.uk