[MUD-Dev] Condsiders

Marc Bowden ryumo at merit.edu
Thu Feb 22 07:35:44 CET 2001

--On Thursday, February 22, 2001 2:09 AM -0800 J C Lawrence
<claw at kanga.nu> wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 04:01:32 -0600
> Jeff Freeman <SkeptAck at antisocial.com> wrote:
>
>> But that would be mean.
>
> "Mean" is part of the solution definition surely?

This is the feedback I routinely get from our players.

If you're mean, you don't have a "consider" command at all and force
the kids to rely on "look" and common sense. This is "unfair" and "too
hard."

And if you're *truly* mean, you'd never let them see their hit point
total (percentages & health level messages only), and you'd base their
"wimpy" threshold on their character's Wisdom attribute.