[MUD-Dev] Persistent Worlds

Nathan F.Yospe yospe at kanga.nu
Wed Feb 21 00:29:46 CET 2001

> On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, J C Lawrence wrote:

>> I'm not sure there's a lot of constancy in the definition of
>> dragons.  Chinese dragons are quite different from AD&D Tiamat
>> which are quite different from most Medieval dragons (religious and
>> heroic art, Arthur, etc) is different from Tolkein's dragons (LotR)
>> are different from LeGuin's (DragonFlight) are different from Andre
>> Norton's (Earthsea) are different from Pier's Anthony (Xanth) etc.

Just a... did you misattribute DragonFlight (McCaffrey) and EarthSea (Le
Guin) in the original post, and if so, how did I miss it?  Norton hasn't
got much in the way of dragons... least not in her most popular works.

--
Nathan F. Yospe  email: yospe at kanga.nu nyospe at a2i.com nyospe at pacbell.net
Don't mind me, I'm just insane - there's someone else here, in my brain.