[MUD-Dev] Real Life Consequences

the_logos at www.achaea.com the_logos at www.achaea.com
Mon Feb 19 06:33:14 CET 2001

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, David Loeser wrote:

> I don't agree with the Real Life Consequences point of view. I think
> that the game system should have features that keep players from
> spoiling others play should be developed.

> That's what we are implementing in our MPOW ...

I don't mean to be a spoilsport, but it seems to me that it is
fundamentally impossible to have meaningful player interaction without
the possibility for one player spoiling play for others. You can try
to minimize it certainly, but it's always going to be there. It's just
a fact of life I think we're going to have to live with. We live with
it in the rest of life certainly.

--matt