[MUD-Dev] PvP Systems

Sanvean sanvean at ginka.armageddon.org
Sat Feb 17 12:48:59 CET 2001

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, John Buehler wrote:

> Jon Lambert writes:

(much snippage in the interest of getting just to the question I'm
answering)

> > The functional/immersive style of roleplay is well illustrated by
> > Armageddon and Threshold, and is done pretty well there.  :-) The
> > other styles are not represented on this list.  The best way to
> > illustrate these other styles is to go out and play those games,
> > Cajun Nights, Chiba City, Children of the Moon, OtherSpace, etc.
> > There are dozens more.
>
> What is the size of the player base of some of those games?
>
> JB

Armageddon, at its peak times, runs somewhere between 40-60 PCs.
Right now I'm engaged in an ardent campaign to drive up those numbers,
and am waiting to see the results of that, as well as what problems
are created by that increase.  But for us, the strongest force driving
the roleplaying experience is the playerbase, which is to a large
degree, self-policing.

Sanvean
http://www.armageddon.org
Amargeddon MUD.  Roleplay required.