[MUD-Dev] Semi Graphical Muds

Bruce bruce at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 14 00:51:01 CET 2001

Jay Carlson wrote:

> Bruce (bruce at puremagic.com) writes:

>> Why didn't MCP take off outside of the MOO community that spawned
>> it?

> This cynic sez that there's no MUD community and no MOO community,
> and only loose connections between different groups that use the
> same software.

Now that you've said that, I'm having trouble not seeing it as being
true. :/

Hopefully someone will post something encouraging and a good
counter-example.

>> In short, my point is: Why not take MCP/2.1 and work it into some
>> other existing codebases or clients?  It'd be great to have
>> tinyfugue support for it, or for some of the other common
>> text-based clients, or for some of the common servers, like Smaug,
>> or some of the LPC mudlibs.

> I think Ben Jackson (ben at ben.com) had at least local editing working
> in tf at some point.  Maybe not MCP/2.1 tho.

Ben's scripts are much advanced since the last time I saw and used
them (4-5 years ago?)!

They can be found at http://www.ben.com/MOO/tf-mcp.html and that
includes MCP/2.1 support.

- Bruce