[MUD-Dev] brazil

Jeff Freeman SkeptAck at antisocial.com
Sat Feb 3 04:28:07 CET 2001

From: <the_logos at www.achaea.com>

> Hmm, I posted here recently that Brazil has about 10 million
> internet users, but I just read

>   http://www.wirednews.com/news/business/0%2C1367%2C41562%2C00.html

> which quotes Brazil has having only 3.9 million internet users.

Well that pretty much clears things up for me.  In terms of the UO emu
community, it seems to be HUGE in countries like Brazil and Italy, but
that stands to reason if OSI (et al) is ignoring those countries due
tp the low number of users and crap internet access.  Maybe they
should do a different business model there - like billing by IP
address or somesuch so that internet cafes pay them the big bucks in
order to run their games.

Or rather Verant should do that with EQ.  Probably too late for OSI,
given the number of emus and utilities out there already.