[MUD-Dev] Camelot Beta 3

Dave Rickey daver at mythicentertainment.com
Wed Apr 11 09:52:07 CEST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Archer <archer at nevrax.com>
>According to Darrin Hyrup <shades at mythicgames.com>:

>> disqualification filters finish sorting out the bad eggs and those
>> who's machines don't meet the minimum requirements, the chances of

> Just to be curious, what are the minimum requirements right now? Is
> it like a 64Mo GEForce3, 1.2Ghz Athlon with overclocking and 384Mo
> of Ram with at least a T1, or more like a K6-200, 32Mo and a 4Mo
> Voodoo 1 on a V22bis modem?

> (ok, I know the latter will isn't likely to be enough :)

The latter was closer, I believe the minimum cutoff is a P2 350 or
better with 64 meg, and a Voodoo3/TNT2 or better.  For decent
framerates, you're going to want GeForce 1 and a P3 500 with 96 meg.
Voodoo5's perform decently, but I personally would not recommend a
technological orphan.  One of the systems on my desk is actually under
the minimum spec (a P2 300) and it's playable, but barely (certain
parts of the world can reduce it to a slide-show).

--Dave Rickey