[MUD-Dev] Movie grosses

Koster Koster
Wed Apr 11 08:02:16 CEST 2001

I finally got curious to get real numbers. :)

According to the market research reports I get, the movie figures for
2000 are:

  Total retail and rental:    ~20 billion
     Rental                   8.25 billion
     Sales                    11.6 billion
        DVD Sales             4 billion
  Box office                  7.66 billion (according to this source, a record)

There were 84 movies released last year in theaters.  Source: Video
Business Magazine

For games:

  Worldwide HW&SW videogame:  13.5 billion
      Hardware                 4.7 billion
      SW                       8.8 billion
   Videogames at retail        4.1 billion
   PC games at retail          1.5 billion (including edutainment)

-Raph