[MUD-Dev] trade skill idea

Zak Jarvis zak at voidmonster.com
Fri Oct 6 11:09:04 CEST 2000

Well, as the owner of a condo, I've got to say that adorning my environment
is really quite an enjoyable activity for me. There are restrictions placed
on the degree of modification I can do that seem to nicely mirror the
practical limitations that a game designer would be under designing
environments to be adornable by players.

But this is a pretty silly argument. You seem to more or less agree with
Koster, you just don't like the details he uses to get to the same point
you're making. It *is* possible to discuss the importance of trade skills
without defining exactly how they work. ;)

-Zak Jarvis
 http://www.voidmonster.com

 "I'm a nice Jewish boy from Boston, MA
  I've got a blue fiddle I just wanna play
  I don't got a knife,
  I don't got a gun.
  So why did I frighten the nun?

  'Cause I've got