[MUD-Dev] MudDev FAQ 1

J C Lawrence claw at cp.net
Tue May 23 20:23:08 CEST 2000

On Sun, 21 May 2000 12:15:32 +0100 (BST)
Marian Griffith <gryphon at iaehv.nl> wrote:

>                         Mud-Dev FAQ part I
> 2. How do I post?

> Posting on the list is a privilege which may be obtained from the
> list owner (who resides at mud-dev-owner at kanga.nu).  It is
> suggested you lurk for a while to get a gist of how things work on
> the list.  When you do approach the list owner for posting
> privileges, attach your intended posting.

This (posting authority etc) hasn't been true for a long time now.
Suggested new text:

  Posting on the list is a privilege.  It is suggested that you
  lurk for a while to get a gist of how things work on the list.
  Reading the list archives can also be very useful.

> 3. What is the accepted standard for posting?

I suggest a new Q&A be inserted after this question:

  4. Why all these rules on how to write your message?

  Simply: More signal, less noise.  Per the list owner, each of the
  rules and guidelines are things that he has seen help keep a
  mailing list on track, help maintain mutual respect among the
  members, and help keep the discussions focussed and useful.

J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                            Internet: coder at kanga.nu
...Honorary Member of Clan McFud -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...