[MUD-Dev] UO rants

Dan Merillat harik at chaos.ao.net
Tue Aug 29 13:55:17 CEST 2000

"Dave Rickey" writes:
> [...]

No, that dosn't contradict what I said.  I said "a community may form".
She was a member of that community, and as such her loss was felt by that
community.  And possibly, on a small enough world, the community may
envelop a large portion of the playerbase.

I've been on games where I knew everyone, and on games where it was rare to
see the same face twice.  On a small enough scale, yes, you can have a
sense of community.  Add enough people in the mix and no, you probably won't.
Or perhaps you can, if given enough time and a slow growth.   Perhaps it's just
that VCs are inherently fragile due to their transient nature.

--Dan