[MUD-Dev] Responses to the Mudwimping article

Nathan Clemons nathan at windsofstorm.net
Fri Aug 4 15:49:30 CEST 2000

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Greg Underwood wrote:

> Heh... that reminds me of something we did on EoD once.  Pwipe was
> imminent, and we decided to just have a free-for all, chaos-night it was
> called I believe (pretty sure we lifted the term/idea from another Mud).
> IIRC, we took down all the PK restrictions (in town, etc), and tweaked it
> around so PK became less damaging to the killed.  I think we had the killer
> get a token for each kill.  I'm pretty sure we had some award for most
> tokens at pwipe.
>
> Some players just stayed away, but as I recall, most people had a blast.
>
> It wasn't exactly an in-game reason, but making it more than just "as of
> 00:00 april 4, all players are deleted," made it more interesting for the
> players.
>
> -Greg

And that has carried down to the EoD descendants. I used to play on The
Creator's Shadow, and saw "chaos mode" twice. Once for a planned pwipe,
and once because too many pfiles got messed up and they decided to turn it
into a wipe.

The roleplayers stayed away, but both the "casual players" and the
"killers" had a hell of a blast.

Out of curiousity, Greg, which imm were you from EoD? :)

--
Nathan P. Clemons                       "Peace favor your code."
nathan at windsofstorm.net                 ICQ: 2810688