[MUD-Dev] A footnote to Procedural Storytelling

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Sat Apr 29 10:08:34 CEST 2000

On Sat, 29 Apr 2000 09:45:35 -0700
Zak Jarvis <zak at voidmonster.com> wrote:

> My inspirations for this little pet project have been quite
> varied.  It started with Carnegie Mellon's Project Oz.
> http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/oz/web/oz.html

Thankyou.

I ran across that site a several years ago, forgot to bookmark it,
and have been trying to find it again for at least the last 18
months on the basis of "story telling", "fuzzy looking ball people",
and "eroded laminar plate world" without success.  It was the "Edge
of Intention" that really grabbed me, both from an interface design
perspective, and for world presentation (cartoonish, almost iconic,
very cheap visually, yet allowing significant finesse in expression
without becoming twee or ham handed).

Thankyou.

That's got to go in the Library.  You want to do the honours or me?

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu