[MUD-Dev] Game Economies

Katrina McClelan kitkat at marcus.pants.nu
Fri Jun 11 17:34:54 CEST 1999

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Adam Wiggins wrote:

> Although all of us nod our heads sagely at such an idea, it unfortunately
> boils down to the following for players logging onto the game the first
> time:
>
> "Ew, this place is all rat-infested and screwed up!  What the hell? <quit>"

Well you can spin off of this... I used a dull example for the sake of the
post, but you could have the scores of rats attract hoards of orcs that
like them as a delicacy, keeping the rat population in check despite the
lack of cats.  However, these orcs also compete for resources and space
now with players.  (and once again you have a reason for things instead of
pointless killing, going back to another thread)  There are many more
possibilities for fantastic creatures to have strange roles in a mythical
food chain.

-Katrina

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu