[MUD-Dev] Games within Games [Was: Gender and Mud Development]

Kristen Koster koster at eden.com
Fri Jun 11 08:56:02 CEST 1999

At 1:09 AM 6/11/99, Jon A. Lambert wrote:
>On 9 Jun 99,, Kristen Koster wrote:
>> At 1:01 PM 6/9/99, Jon A. Lambert wrote:
>> >Multi-player card games, like Hearts, Canasta, Bridge or Euchre
>>
>> I recall a couple of our players mentioning they'd sat and played cards.. I
>> know there's a full deck available to them in the game as individual card
>> objects.
>
>I bet this was difficult.  A special deck object would be nice that
>supported special commands.
>
>  >get deck from pouch
>  >shuffle deck
>  >put deck on table in front of Bubba
>  Bubba> cut deck  <---hopefully he had unreadied his battle axe ;)
>  Bubba cuts the deck.

Heh.

>  >deal 7 cards to Bubba, Biffy, Boffo, myself

I'd probably make this work similarly to the split command for money in groups.

>  ..blah..
>  need some commands to cheat too

Ahh.. see now this is ALMOST enough to make me go try to extend our acts
system to objects again. Last attempt failed miserably the trick is we want
them half way between our mobile and room acts systems. Hmm...

-Kristen Koster      (koster at eden.com)
Kaige of LegendMUD   (kaige at mud.sig.net)
mud.sig.net 9999

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu