[MUD-Dev] Re: A couple Qs, and thanks

Ben Greear greear at cyberhighway.net
Sun Jun 6 12:30:59 CEST 1999

I'm fowarding this to the mud-dev list because I know some of you
have interest and experience in this kinda thing...

geis wrote:

> The reason I stopped by is that I have spent some while researching
> human understanding/behavior. I am interested in exploring some theories
> about this in AI agents. I am searching for a simple agent/environment
> "package" (API ?) where I can customize a layered agent, then "run" it
> interactively. I don't have much programming experience, though.  Any
> suggestions? Is your MUD architecture capable of such? (I ask out of my
> own ignorance.)

I don't know that ScryMUD supports what you want.  You'll have to be
a bit more specific in the capabilities you need.  However, I would
imagine there are some others on the mud-dev at kanga.nu mailing list
that will have more to offer, both code-wise and conceptually.

Try subscribing to the list (www.kanga.nu has directions I believe).

--
Ben Greear (greear at cyberhighway.net)  http://scry.wanfear.com/~greear
Author of ScryMUD:  scry.wanfear.com 4444        (Released under GPL)

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu